TEAS – Test of Essential Academic Skills for potential nursing students
The TEAS test is not offered in the GCC Testing Center, but is offered once per month in the GCC Library. You can sign up for the TEAS test by going to www.atitesting.com. There is a fee for this test. You will find the current schedule there.
- The TEAS® consists of four sections, Mathematics, Reading, Science, and English and Language Usage. A review of basic concepts and theories in each area is recommended. ATI has two products, the TEAS® Study Manual and a TEAS® Online Practice Assessment, available to guide your review and provide feedback about your study progress.
- Currently, the TEAS® includes 170 scored multiple-choice questions divided into four subsections: Mathematics, Reading, Science, and English and Language Usage
- Calculators are NOT allowed during the TEAS®.
- Your scores are available immediately after the examination.
- Consult your nursing program application packet for directions on how to register for the TEAS test.