What we offer
- CPT – Computerized Placement Testing – for typical incoming freshmen
- GED – General Education Degree – for students who would like to earn an equivalent high school diploma
- Currency – These tests are for students who have taken certain college courses previously, but the credits have expired.
- Challenge – These tests are for students whose life experience may qualify them for college credits.
- Health occupations – The TEAS tests for potential nursing program applicants.
- Make-up tests – for current GCC students who miss an in-class test or exam
- Distance learning – for both GCC and students from other colleges who require proctored testing for their distance learning courses
Our mission is to accurately and supportively assess the skill levels of incoming students, GED candidates, special needs students and other testers by providing a calm and inviting atmosphere in which students can relax and focus on their tests with minimal stress and distractions. We strive not only to provide the best possible testing environment but also to advise students about their test results with the utmost tact and compassion. The Testing Center must exude an atmosphere of comfort and provide students who do not attain their desired scores the means to improve their scores by referring them to tutors, labs and study materials.